Public Speaking Course:
Humor Delivery Tips
(if you don't use the skills from my public speaking course you might as well start passing out the pillows and blankets as soon as you begin, cause your audience will need them)
* Don't EVER repeat a punch line! Once the surprise is revealed, the joke is history. I'll repeat this one more time,
don't repeat your punch lines. Don't EVER repeat a punch line. You'll be shot by the comedy firing squad if you repeat a punch
* Try not to signal the audience of your upcoming punch line. If the humor in your punch line
* Knowing how to properly tell a joke is part of what you will learn in my
public speaking course.
It is imperative that you memorize your punch line and joke completely. You
should be able to awaken out of a deep sleep in an earthquake and, without hesitation, deliver your punch line accurately. Give all the
* Use as few words as possible to get to your punch line. Brevity
* NEVER, EVER explain your joke. If the audience doesn't understand
* Don't walk around a whole lot when telling a joke or story either. I walk,
* If you use notes, highlight or mark upcoming jokes or stories so
* Practice! Practice! Practice! I tell a joke or story at least 30 times before I ever use it in a presentation. Using the skills learned in my public speaking course involves hours and hours of practice before you "Go Live" in front of an audience. Always give the audience your best.